This is a Corporate IT Summer Internship for Summer 2024 with Milliken (milliken.com).
This position is located in Spartanburg, SC in the IT Department and reports to one of our IT Leads. We are looking for Interns in the following areas: Analytics, Business Analysts, Developers, and Cyber Security.
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in the definition and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements and deliverables in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Participate in the design and planning of enhancements to existing products and development of new products - develop technical documentation/specifications to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies
- Contribute to overall architecture and design
- Hands on development, plus contributing to the overall software life cycle including participating in code reviews
QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED
- Working toward four-year or Masters degree in the Information Services majors
- Systems analysis and design
- Programming, SQL skills
- Knowledge of SAP ERP software
- Solid capability in Microsoft Office software suite especially Excel
The successful candidate will have strengths in the following:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive and willing to take ownership and responsibility as a highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to lead effective meetings and discussions
- Team player
- Ability to work with multiple levels of an organization
For more information contact:
Feaby Vera CruzAssistant Director of Internships and Employment